Food Lion, our U.S. brand in the Southeast, was proud, humbled and honored to be inducted into the PR News CSR Hall of Fame on March 22 for its Food Lion Feeds hunger-relief platform, which launched in 2014.
Each spring, PR News selects an elite few Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) campaigns to induct into its prestigious CSR Hall of Fame. These campaigns are chosen from brands that have not only made a significant impact over the course of the past few years, but include programs poised to make a lasting impact for years to come.
PR News held the sixth annual Spring Awards Luncheon at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., where the CSR Hall of Fame inductees were announced along with the winners and honorable mentions of PR News' CSR Awards and Nonprofit PR Awards.
Only three additional brands and their respective campaigns were inducted, including IKEA: People & Planet Positive; Michelin: Partnership with FIA for Beyond the Driving Test; and PNC Financial Services Group: Grow Up Great.
This was only the first honor of the day for the Food Lion Feeds team. Shortly after its induction, Food Lion received an additional CSR award, winning the overall Employee Relations category for Food Lion Feeds' The Great Pantry Makeover. The team went on to receive honorable mentions across 11 additional CSR categories for its work in 2016, including:
- Corporation with more than 25,000 employees – Food Lion: Food Lion Feeds overall programs and initiatives
- Community Affairs – Food Lion Feeds Years 2
- Diversity Communications – Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association(CIAA)
- Philanthropy Communications – Food Lion Feeds: The Great Pantry Makeover II
- Video Initiatives – Food Lion Feeds: The Great Pantry Makeover II
- CSR/Green Focus – The "Feedys" Awards: Feeding Our Community by Empowering Our Food Banks
- Social Media Communications – Food Lion Feeds: The Great Pantry Makeover II
- Social Media Campaign – Food Lion Feeds: The Great Pantry Makeover II
- Social Good – Food Lion Feeds: The Great Pantry Makeover II; Food Lion Feeds Year 2
- Corporate-Community Partnership - The "Feedys" Awards: Feeding Our Community by Empowering Our Food Banks
- Annual Report – Food Lion Feeds