The protection of personal data is paramount. Customers, associates and business partners entrust our businesses with their personal data and we must safeguard this information at all times. At Ahold Delhaize and its brands we always strive to use customer data to benefit customers, whether it is checking their home address for grocery deliveries, accessing their shopping history to receive personalized benefits or confirming account details for online orders.
Our key principles
We have established five principles that guide how Ahold Delhaize and its brands manage personal data:
- We are committed to protecting the personal data of customers, associates, business partners and service providers.
- We maintain personal data for legitimate business purposes only and are transparent about when and how personal data is collected, used, or shared.
- We provide customers with reasonable notice and control over their data.
- We strive to use customer data to benefit customers.
- We are committed to complying with legal and regulatory obligations everywhere we do business.
Ahold Delhaize and each of its brands has a privacy notice for their customers and associates, in line with local legal obligations. Each brand's privacy notice for customers is available on its web site.
Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective in the European Union, introducing regulation to further protect the data of consumers, suppliers and associates. Ahold Delhaize and its local brands welcome this regulation as we now have one European regulation for all our EU brands. Our European businesses adhere to the GDPR. Should a situation arise where we, or any of the brands, would not be fully compliant with a requirement, we will take immediate measures to correct that situation. To monitor our GDPR compliance, a Data Protection Officer has been appointed for the brands that require this role according GDPR regulation.