Communication on May 9, 2018
- Ahold Delhaize announced on May 9, 2018 that it has agreed to extend its option agreement with Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize (SCAD) while making additional commitments to shareholders.
- The option agreement between Ahold Delhaize and SCAD was set to expire on December 15, 2018 and can be extended by mutual consent of the contracting parties.
- Building on shareholder feedback, Ahold Delhaize has agreed with SCAD on two additional commitments:
- Within six months after the option is exercised, Ahold Delhaize will call a shareholders meeting to discuss the situation with shareholders
- Within one year after the option is exercised, Ahold Delhaize will call a shareholders meeting to vote on cancellation of the shares issued to SCAD; SCAD will not vote its shares on that matter.
Our Articles of Association provide for the possible issuance of cumulative preferred shares. Currently, no cumulative preferred shares are outstanding. An option agreement is in place between Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize and Ahold Delhaize. Pursuant to the Option Agreement, Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize has been granted an option for no consideration to acquire cumulative preferred shares from Ahold Delhaize from time to time until December 2018. In December 2017, Ahold Delhaize and Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize commenced discussions on a possible extension of the Option Agreement, in accordance with its terms which require such discussions to start at least one year prior to the expiration date.
The option agreement can be extended based on the mandate provided by shareholders in 2003 and resolutions of the Management Board and the Supervisory Board based on this mandate.
Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize is an independent foundation organized under the laws of the Netherlands. For further information on Stichting Continuïteit Ahold Delhaize, please visit its website www.stichtingcontinuiteitaholddelhaize.com
Communication AGM, April 11, 2018
As requested during the AGM on April 11 2018, Ahold Delhaize is publishing its response to the VEB letter of April 9, 2018. Please download the letter on the right column 'Documentation'.