Purpose of the Ahold Delhaize Sponsorship Policy
The purpose of the Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V. (KAD) Sponsorship Policy is to describe the principles and guidelines by which KAD may agree to sponsor activities of qualified organizations. This Policy is designed to prioritize sponsoring activities that correspond to and support the strategic objectives and sustainable retail goals of the company.
KAD focuses its sponsorship on the following areas, which are aligned with its strategy and sustainable retailing goals:
- Promoting healthier living – we encourage the adoption of healthier eating and living habits in our communities.
- Reducing hunger - we support hunger relief in our communities while reducing food waste.
- Digitalization, innovation and personalization (food) retail related – we promote the development of innovation and personalization in the pursuit of improving the customer shopping experience and associate working experience.
- Diversity and inclusion (food) retail related – we foster a diverse and inclusive associate base representative of the markets we serve.
Sponsored activity must comply with all relevant policies of Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V.
- Any sponsored activity must comply with any applicable legal standards. Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V. will not sponsor any illegal activity or an event that condones or supports illegal activity.
- Authorization of any sponsorship activity must be done in accordance with any applicable Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V. Bill of Authority.
- Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V. will not sponsor activity at the request or suggestion of any government official based on any quid pro quo or other arrangement with such official.
- Any sponsored activity or sponsorship agreement will appropriately protect the intellectual property and other assets of Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V.
Additional criteria required for KAD sponsorship
In addition to supporting one or more of the aforementioned focus areas, applicant organizations will only be considered for sponsorship if they meet the additional criteria:
- Programs are not related to political, religious or lobbying organizations.
- Programs do not create environmental hazard(s).
- Programs do not involve unnecessary risks or put public safety at risk.
- Programs are not intended for (private) commercial gain or personal (individual) benefit.
- Programs are congruent with and support KAD’s values: see https://www.aholddelhaize.com/en/strategy
KAD will consider sponsorship upon receiving a completed application. All sponsoring requests must be sent in writing, using the application form below. Additionally, an accompanying letter elaborating the request for sponsorship is highly recommended.
Apart from adhering to the above sponsoring principles, sponsoring applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Are there clear benefits to the community, KAD associates and to our customers?
- Is there a measurable business benefit to KAD? (e.g. increase of brand awareness, increase in sales etc.)
If the application is successful
KAD will inform successful applicants on the result of the sponsorship request in writing. Upon awarding the sponsorship, KAD will enter into a formal Sponsorship Agreement with the recipient, which is a written document outlining the negotiated terms for sponsorships and timeframe set for the agreement.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for the processing of this application.
For additional information regarding this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org,