Did you know?
Founded in 1923 when David Javitch opened a small meat market in Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Raised more than $40 million for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals over 20 years
Donated over 1,500 park benches and removed 15 million plastic bags from the environment since 1997
Donated more than $2.2 million to the United Service Organizations in the past 10 years
Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia
In 1936, Javitch offered customers the opportunity to purchase dry goods and perishables under one roof - a new concept and the precursor to the modern grocery store.”
Giant Food Stores and Giant Martins business was built on the premise of the “best products at the fairest price.” Martin’s Food Markets and Giant Food Stores are now leaders in their market areas and among the best-known brands in Pennsylvania.
Giant Food Stores and Giant Martins are dedicated to helping its customers save money, save time and eat well. It has been recognized for its commitment to philanthropy in the areas of hunger relief, improving the lives of children, and building healthier communities.