Did you know?
In 1952 Albert Heijn opened the first self-service supermarket in the Netherlands
Albert Heijn and its suppliers support local communities in Africa through the AH Foundation
Albert Heijn’s food magazine Allerhande is the Netherland’s best-read magazine
Store formats & features
- A large range of brands, including own brands
- My Bonus loyalty program
- Innovative in-store concepts like sushi bar and grill and steak
- AH.nl and Appie app for home delivery and more than 14,000 recipes
- ‘I eat better’: an educational food program for schools
- Supermarkets – Albert Heijn
- Large supermarkets – Albert Heijn XL
- Online shopping and delivery for food and non-food – ah.nl and ah.be
Both the rich and the poor should be able to do their groceries at my store’ – founder, Albert Heijn ”
Albert Heijn is the leading food retailer in the Netherlands and also has stores in Belgium and Germany.
The company’s mission is to offer all the ingredients for a better life. Every day it brings good, safe, sustainable and healthy food to millions of customers. Stores offer a wide range of high quality items and friendly, helpful service. Long opening hours and online ordering enable customers to shop for groceries around the clock. Albert Heijn is committed to offering the best for its customers and associates and to being a better neighbor to the communities it serves.